- In VMWare Workstation select Install Vmware Tools. This will then mount a virtual CDROM drive containing the required files.
2.. First we want to make a directory to copy the vmware tools files to.
3. We then want to mount the cdrom.
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
4. We then need to extract the tar.gz file.
x - extract z - uncompress v - verbose output f - filename to extract
tar xzvf ./mnt/cdrom/VwareTools-10.0.6-3560309.tar.gz -C /tmp/
5. Now we need to change directory to the /tmp/vamware-tools-distrib location.
6. The we will run the vmware-install.pl file.
Time to hit enter a bunch of times.