The other day I installed Hyper-V on a Windows 10 Enterprise machine and noticed that it didn’t create the Hyper-V Manager icon in start menu under Administrative Tools. 1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below) %windir%\System32\mmc.exe virtmgmt.msc
3. Type Hyper-V Manager for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. Right click or press and hold on the new Hyper-V Manager shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under “Look for icons in this file”, copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)%ProgramFiles%\Hyper-V\SnapInAbout.dll
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click/tap on OK.